The District Administrations of Gadwal and Kothagudem Districts in Telangana State
- The District Magistrate, being the highest government official in the district, receives a high number of grievances daily, from a wide section of people in the district, pertaining to different departments under him.
- The Magistrate wanted to streamline the process and establish an easy and direct channel of communication with the public. The Magistrate wanted to simplify the Grievance Redressal Process through a simple and easy mobile app , through which the public can report the grievances and transparently see the same assigned to the concerned department personnel. The Magistrate also asked for an escalation process if the grievances were not resolved in a timely manner.
- BizAcuity’s team worked closely with the District Administration to understand the specific needs and requirements of the grievance redressal system and to design the process flow for the mobile application.
- Based on the discussions, BizAcuity built two applications, one for Citizens, where they can report the grievances, and the other for officers & department personnel to look and resolve the grievances. The application also included an admin portal where the officers could monitor and keep track of the grievances and the actions taken by the concerned officers.
- The design phase involved creating a user-friendly interface for the app, with a focus on simplicity and ease of use.
- The development process began with the creation of a detailed project plan that included the requirements, features, and timelines for the app
- The app included features such as user registration, complaint submission, tracking of complaint status, a news feed and feedback mechanisms.
- Rigorous manual testing was undertaken to ensure stability and seamless functionality of the app
- The team worked on multiple test cases to enhance user experience and add multilingual features to the application.
- Technology used- Android Studio, Firebase, and PHP Laravel
Android Studio is the official Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for developing Android apps. It is a powerful and user-friendly tool that provides a comprehensive set of tools for app development, including a code editor, visual layout editor, APK analyzer, and supports a range of programming languages, including Java and C++.
Firebase is a cloud-based platform for building mobile and web applications. It provides a range of backend services, including a real-time database, authentication, hosting, storage, that are used to build high-quality apps. Firebase simplifies app development by providing ready-made components that developers can integrate into their apps, reducing the need to write custom backend code.
PHP Laravel is a popular open-source web application framework that is known for simplifying web application development with its suite of tools and features including its built-in support for building APIs.
- Nivedhana app empowers citizens to report and track progress of grievances. With Nivedhana, citizens can:
- Report grievances in 15 categories.
- Track progress of the grievance.
- Know the grievance officer working on the grievance.
- View grievances reported by others.
The application was built in