Top Reasons to Choose TABLEAU as a Reporting Platform and Issues associated with it.
Tableau is an awesome tool which provides great synergy, greater strength and depth across the organization in terms of delivering full, integrated BI solutions and delivering precise information needed by the management. Now IT can focus solely on enabling clean and useful data for the dashboards.
We have been extensively working on data visualization using Tableau for many of our clients for quite some time now. This is one tool with a lot of interesting problems and uniquely interesting solutions. Let us share why our clients choose Tableau in the first place, what issues they have faced with it, and how we resolved those issues for them.
Few core strengths of Tableau allows:
- Self-Service BI to IT development for ‘non-savvy’ Business/Functional SMEs
- BI Visualizations can be created easily by drag-and-drop (SQL queries get built by the tool internally)
- Complex statistical calculations (like Bell-Curve, Trend, Correlation, Forecasting) within a few clicks
- Run-time calculation of complex business logic on the presentation layer without detrimentally affecting performance
- Easy Navigation, user-friendliness and is secure
- Reports once published can be presented across devices (Mobile Apps/Monitors/LCD TVs), printable and shareable as image exports/PDFs. Ease of exporting data to CSV for more traditional ‘Excel’ savvy users
- Fast run-time query on VizQL, data compression, incremental refresh of extracts enable users to massage and render Terabyte(s) of data on an actionable, visually rich dashboard
Few deficiencies of tableau which we helped fix for our clients are:
- Delays in report generation with huge data volumes
- Date filter parameters not able to update automatically
Stay tuned as in our next few blogs we will explain how we overcame these issues.