One of Asia’s largest E-commerce marketplaces that assists businesses with services in the areas of e-auction and e-procurement of resources like steel, oil and coal.
Client Revenue: $185 Million (FY’21)
- The client conducts e-auctions through their digital platform regularly. One of the important steps in conducting e-auctions is the creation of a catalog for every auction. Each e-auction has a unique catalog and the auctions are performed based on the catalog [workflow, definition, purpose, category].
- The client’s existing catalog creation method started getting very complicated over the years due to:
- Disparate requirements from their customers
- Broad range of auctions that were being held
The client wanted to create a system which can define a set of steps at the beginning of the catalog creation process and direct the steps until it is published.
There are various types of auctions which require different set of rules/information where if a user exits the catalog creation in the middle without publishing, it cannot be edited again. Hence, the user will have to start the process from scratch if he wants to resume which costed time and effort.
Also, each user had different and ad hoc business requirements which was difficult to fit in the pre-existing system
- Streamline the process of catalog creation
- Provide a feature to exit the catalog creation at any given point and edit if needed instead of starting from scratch.