The client is a global event management company based in Chicago with a strong presence in the Americas, Europe, and the Middle East.
- A core industry technology system and other disparate systems capturing lots of data need not produce the desired results for the organization unless it has been consolidated.
- The problem with using disparate data sources includes delayed decision making, lack of availability of clean, reliable and consolidated information for different business groups, data latency and limited analysis.
- BizAcuity helps design and deploy unified BI cum Data Warehousing strategy, architecture and custom built applications with the least total cost of ownership.
- The client runs its event management platform with multiple disparate systems supporting and surrounding it. For example, the financial analytical system on Oracle, sales analytics using Microsoft platform, operational applications with their own database and using several different flat file based systems.
- The decision support system required consolidation of information across all these applications either manually or through some archaic methodology. This resulted in sub optimal allocation of resources to collect information and eventually delay in decision making
- The client felt there was room for improvement in process and extracting ROI by using a BI technology driven solution.
The project resulted in a BI layer with four core areas- Financial, Sales, Labor Cost, and Revenue which integrated their disparate core event system.
A set of Business Dashboards and Analytical Reports were developed and deployed using Tableau. Ad hoc reporting capabilities of the BI system allowed enduser to create custom reports on their own, reducing time and cost of report development.
A single unified point of truth across the business for all business users enabling quick and timely decision making.
- Now users were able to traverse through data & information from multiple systems on this BI layer with a few mouse clicks. Analysts were able to rely on a clean and reliable data set for solutions and decision making.
Related Case Studies
Would You Like Us To Contact You?