The client is one of the largest online card games providers in Asia with millions of active users and a revenue stream of approximately $30 million as of 2018.
- The competition is massive in the iGaming industry across the globe, and gaming companies need to allocate heavy budgets to player reinvestment.
- However, without a rigid structure in place, the client could exhaust their marketing budget trying to retain players or could still have high churn rates despite multiple player reinvestments. Detecting highly valuable players early on is a crucial step, which can only be detected when player behaviour is thoroughly analysed.
- The client made their marketing spend allocation decisions based on a limited number of variables. Their model used an ‘average player’ approach where players were incentivized based on average bet amounts, rounds played and so on.
- Such a model was unsustainable. It led to suboptimal allocation of player reinvestments and the wrong set of players being incentivised. This negatively impacts customer loyalty and revenue growth.
- The client was aware that there was potential for high ROIs if better player reinvestment targeting measures were enforced.